What is Kaizener’s Make-a-Thon?
Make-a-Thon is a Hackathon EXCLUSIVELY for all the students who finished Kaizen Robotics Program.
Join students and working professionals alike from colleges and MNC’s across Chennai to work on some great (and not so great) ideas. Make-a-Thon serves as a platform for individuals to try out new ideas and collaborate with other people in a fun environment to create real time solutions. Oh! by the way, did we mention there are CASH PRIZES for best solutions as well!
Have an idea? Register yourself by filling the entry form
Pick one of the topics from below and come up with a solution to solve it. Send a one page write about your idea to us before 17th July 11:59 PM.
Email your abstracts to kaizen[at]lemalabs.com, with subject “Make-a-Thon -Topic Name”. Eg: Make-a-Thon-Transportation
Note: You don’t have to submit your proposal when you signup. You can submit proposal by 17th July.
Jury evaluates your ideas. The best 20 teams gets invited to Make-A-Thon on 29th and 30th July 2017 at IIT Madras Research Park
Below are the topics listed along with few sample project ideas
- Smart City
- IoT based home automation
- IoT based traffic cntrol
- Vice based home automation
- RFID bus tickets
- Autonomus Cars
- Voice Recognition based vehicles
- Health and Fitness
- IoT Based health tracker
- Agriculture and Farming
- IoT based plant monitoring and watering system
- Energy Conservation
- IoT based electric meters
- Lifestyle Enhancements
- IoT based human tracker
- SoS button (Sends GPS data to emergency number)
You are also free to pick out your own ideas, apart from the samples listed above
- Each team may consists of up to 5 members.
- Each team must submit a proposal for an application that they will be able to implement within the given time frame.
- Top 20 teams will be shortlisted to participate in Make-a-Thon.
- The teams will be asked to implement their proposal with a few changes within the given time frame.
- Points will be awarded for speed and robustness of the implementation.
- The shortlisted teams need to pay a participation fee of Rs.500 per person to participate in the Make-a-Thon on 21st and 22nd July.(You DONOT have to pay any fee to apply and for sending your abstracts)
Teams must submit a one page writeup in the following format:
- Core idea and implementation procedure
- Details of sub-modules/systems
- Equipment to be used
- Impact of project
- Results and possible Development
Apart from free snacks and goodies, Prizes worth Rs.10,000/- to be given away!
Projects using Raspberry pi :
- Secure Simple Remote Access for Camera Viewing
- Windows 10 IoT Core: UltraSonic Distance Mapper
Projects using Arduino :
- Plant Monitoring System using AWS IoT
- Littlearm 2C: Build a 3D Printed Arduino Robot Arm
- How to Make a Remote Controlled Robotic Hand with Arduino Link – https://www.hackster.io/Gabry295/how-to-make-a-remote-controlled-robotic-hand-with-arduino-32b0f5?ref=channel&ref_id=424_trending___&offset=232
For more projects ideas check out- https://www.hackster.io/projects
No Make-a-Thon event is happening at the moment. Keep watching this space for more updates