Internet of Things (IoT)
IoT is predicted to be one of the next big thing in technology. It is defined as the network of physical objects – devices, vehicles, buildings and other items – embedded with sensors, electronics, software and network connectivity that enables these objects to get the ability to sense and communicate. There are now about 4.6 billion connected devices excluding phones, tablets and laptops. A number that is expected to increase to 15.3 billion in the next five years according to the Ericsson Mobility report. A recent study released by Gartner says that 43% of all companies are using or plan to implement an IoT application and that’s Industry 4.0
Get started with IoT with our 2 days workshop.
Highlights of the workshop
- Working with Node MCU (Inbuilt Wi-Fi) development kit
- Android Application development using MIT App Inventor
- Arduino Programming
- Adafruit IO & IFTTT concepts
- Individual Node MCU developments kits provided
- All the necessary software will be provided
- Control devices using Google Assistant
- Basics of Arduino Programming
- HTML Coding basics
- Node MCU development Kit – Description
- Creating a Webpage
- Creating a Server on Node MCU
- Controlling of IO peripheral on Node MCU using Webpage
- Introduction to MIT App Inventor
- Building an Android App and Controlling IO Peripheral
- Working with IFTTT
- MQTT Protocol
- Using Adafruit IO
- Getting Sensor Values and Updating it Live
- Controlling of IO over the Internet
- Google Assistant based IO Control
- Home Automation and Smart Plant Demo
Fee for the workshop is INR 3000/- (inclusive of all taxes) per participant.
Program price includes
- 2 Days of Training
- Take away kits
- Resource materials
- Service tax and VAT
Participants will be certified by Lema Labs Technologies Pvt Ltd and IIT Madras Alumni Association.
Rules and Requirements:
- No prior knowledge required.
- College Students, Graduates, Faculties and Working Professional are eligible to attend.
- Seats are limited & filled based on first come first serve.
- Individual take away kits will be provided.
- Participants will be made to work in a team to save time and manage internet during the workshop.
- A team must bring One laptop of their own.
Dates: Jan 25 – 26, 2020
Venue: 91Springboard, Koramnagala
Dates: Dec 28 – 29, 2019
Venue: IIT Madras Research Park, Chennai
Dates: Dec 21 – 22, 2019
Venue: Government College of Technology
Dates: Nov 30 – Dec 01, 2019
Venue: 91Springboard, HITEC