Internet of Things
It is defined as the network of physical objects – devices, vehicles, buildings and other items – embedded with sensors, electronics, software and network connectivity that enables these objects to get the ability to sense and communicate.
- There are now about 4.6 billion connected devices excluding phones, tablets and laptops.
- A number that is expected to increase to 15.3 billion in the next five years according to the Ericsson Mobility report.
- A recent study released by Gartner says that 43% of all companies are using or plan to implement an IoT application.
Highlights of the workshop
- Working with Node MCU (Inbuilt Wi-Fi) development kit
- Android Application development using MIT App Inventor
- Arduino Programming
- Adafruit IO & IFTTT concepts
- Individual Node MCU developments kits provided to students
- All the necessary software will be provided to students
- Control devices using Google Assistant
Fee for the program is INR 3000/- (inclusive of all taxes) per student.
Program price includes
- 2 Days of Training
- Take away kits
- Resource materials
- Service tax and VAT
Students will be certified by Lema Labs Technologies Pvt Ltd and IIT Madras Alumni Association.
Rules and Requirements:
- No prior knowledge required.
- A team must bring One laptop of their own.
Dates: Jan 26th – 27th, 2019
Venue: 91Springboard, 7th Block Koramangala
Dates: Mar 9th – 10th, 2019
Venue: IIT Madras Research Park, Chennai
Dates: Mar 16th – 17th, 2019
Venue: Forge Accelerator, KCT Tech Park
SRM IST, KTR
Dates: Mar 30th – 31st, 2019
Venue: SRM IST, Kattankulathur